Share Your Skills and Your Time - Volunteer!
Dining for Women has volunteer opportunities for everyone. Some of the ways to contribute as a volunteer:
- Be a Chapter Leader for a Dining for Women group - Fill out a Membership Interest Form and get started.
(Our international chapter applications are temporarily on-hold as we research the legal requirements for the growing demand to expand globally.)
- Be part of the Volunteer Leadership Team
- Volunteer on a Committee for an Event or Project (click to see Committee Descriptions)
- Be a Chapter Mentor in your area to help launch new chapters, and inspire and support existing chapters
- Make an Introduction
- You tell us! We know there are lots of creative ideas out there we haven’t thought of, and we’d love to hear from you.
You can be part of a highly motivated, fast-growing, nonprofit organization. Volunteers can enhance and learn new skills, network with others and directly impact the lives of thousands of lives of women around the world.
As a successful member of the DFW volunteer team, you:
- Have a passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact an innovative, fast growing non- profit organization
- Are a creative thinker - willing to try something new and inspire others
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Have a strong work ethic, take initiative, and require minimal direction
- Work well independently as well as part of a team
- Directly impact Dining for Women’s efforts to fund projects that empower women living in extreme poverty through fostering good health, education, and economic self-sufficiency in developing countries.
- Empower and develop our members to become agents of change through education; capable of altering the face of world poverty
- Be part of a highly-motivated nonprofit organization run almost entirely by volunteers
- Gain insight into the operations of a results-oriented, high-growth nonprofit organization
- Learn new volunteer management skills through training and experience
- Have the opportunity to see your ideas and contributions implemented
- Build your resume and gain references for future employment opportunities
DFW’s most critical volunteer need is to fill Chapter Mentor positions worldwide. DFW has grown dramatically since January 2006. With an aggressive growth plan over the next few years, our organization requires an infrastructure that provides a local connection for chapter leaders and members, our most valuable asset.
Many other volunteer opportunities exist, too - are you a website developer, grant writer, connected with potential corporate sponsors for fundraising? Other ideas or skills you’d like to share? Let us know – there’s always an opportunity to make a difference!
We hope you find that volunteering for DFW will help you reach a deeper commitment of living with passion and meaning.
Please fill out the volunteer application form so we can match your skills and interests with our needs!